DataSight 2.8 Public Release
10 February 2009
DataSight 2.8 has same user interface as earlier versions but it has plenty of new features. Developed over the last two years, this latest public release even more reliable and stable than before.
- DataSight Enterprise version has new Database Engine. This engine provides very strong and fast connection to the database server.
- DataSight has new reporting tools; Tabular Report Wizard provides an extensive range of tabular reports within a few quick and easy steps, Report Creator was available for desktop users as a plug-in. Report Creator is now available for both Desktop and Enterprise versions as a built-in tool.
- DataSight has a Conversion Tool. This tool was available before as a plug-in. It has been re-engineered and redesigned from scratch as a built-in tool.
- Look-up Conversion Tables provide look-up conversion in the conversion tool.
- Scientific Standards is the one of the new features. It is possible to create unlimited number of standards and sub items. These standards can be used on Datasheet, Import and Reporting modules.
- Data Quality Codes is the one of the newly introduced features. You can create new Data Quality Codes with the new freehand graphical interface.
- New Audit Log feature provides very efficient audit logging for Import, Conversion and Data Quality modules. Audit Log has an additional Calibration tool which allows for instrument and equipment calibration entries.
- DBMail usage for DataSight Enterprise: Database Mail allows e-mail messages to be sent from the SQL Server Database Engine. Using Database Mail, DataSight databases can send e-mail messages to users. These messages can contain query results, and can also include DataSight files.
- Biology is now available.
- Gauging Calculator provides data storage and flow calculation for gauging measurements.
- Statistical functions, such as Average, Minimum and Maximum for Graphs.
- New SQL view with Enterprise edition provides easy connection to MapInfo.
- Hundreds of minor improvements and bug fixes.