DataSight Version 3.7 Released
We continue to enhance DataSight with the release of Version 3.7. New features include the introduction of DataSight References, Reference Groups, support for scripted and non-scripted Reports, ability to set the Time Zone of your Database, updates to Summary Reports, as well as bug fixes.
References & Reference Groups
DataSight References are used to encode a relationship between a Variable and a specified Value.
These Values can be referred to by different modules of DataSight.
At present, References will be used for one of two purposes:
- To apply a Reference value in a Calculation.
- To provide alternate Variable names in a datasheet or upon data export.
Example Calculations include:
- Record and apply equipment calibration (or Variable) offsets in complex formulae.
- Compare data against reference values in a Calculation and assign Flags according to the outcome.
- Record Global constant values that can be referenced in complex formulae.
By assigning values to References, you only need to update the Reference’s value for the change to be reflected across saved templates and reports.
DataSight Database Time Zone
From within DataSight Administrator, you can now set the time zone your database is running in. This setting is used by the Scheduler within DataSight Service Manager to run your automated Tasks according to the database time zone rather than the time zone of the Server into which Service Manager is installed.
Please contact your nearest re-seller for more information about DataSight Version 3.7.